BKMB Band Backers Communication January 12, 2024
Happy New Year!
Week 1 of team sales had 33 students participating across 10 teams. Despite scheduling conflicts with winter programs, the students did a fabulous job and sold 355 subs and collected over $2200 in donations. Student points total was close to 2400.
Looking forward to closing out strong for team sales this weekend.
Once team sales are wrapped up on Sunday, there will be communication sent out regarding individual sales. Please check your email on Sunday for information on order forms and cash reconciliation dates.
Chair Shadow needed – please reach out if you are interested in shadowing for the Winter Chair Board Position, which will be vacated in March 2024.
- Fundraising: The fundraising volunteer signup is ready. Please sign up to help if you can. We have a lot of ideas and events planned but any ideas and/or help is appreciated!
- The first fundraising event is Sunday, January 21st 7am – 1:30pm. Most slots are filled but please check Remind if we need more help or for any weather cancellations, and don’t forget to stop by and support the Winter Program!
- Stop and Shop Fundraiser is still in the works
- Competition Volunteers: As always, volunteers are essential to run the Blue Knights Winter Guard and Winter Percussion, just like the Marching Band. You do not have to be a winter parent to help. Please watch for sign-up pages on the southingtonbkmb.com website soon!
- All Winter Program dues must be paid by March 1, 2024
Band Banquet Raffle
Please begin to collect donations from companies that you may have connections to for our Band Banquet Raffle. Have gift cards that you received for the holidays and want to donate them to the Raffle? Are you creative and crafty with gift baskets? Please reach out to Paige Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org with any donations you might have to benefit the BKMB at the Band Banquet on April 17, 2024. Hurry! The Banquet will be here before we know it!