BKMB President’s Message 9/12/23
Good morning, BKMB families.
Are you ready to fall into the 2023 BKMB Season? It’s time to get excited for the BKMB’s first competition on Saturday, September 16th! Here is a link to the USBands event page for the Francis T Maloney High School competition: https://usbands.org/events/details.php?ID=718
See Mrs. Ossias’s email sent Monday morning for important info on this week’s schedule. If you haven’t received her email, please reply to this email.
Thank you to everyone that joined the Pit and Prop crew and their paint party this weekend! Sounds like everyone came out of the party with little extra painted than the stuff intended to be painted.
Attached please find the Meal Plan Brochure for the 2023 Season. If you have any questions regarding Meal Plan, please contact Rachel and Troy Stair at email@example.com
The next statement from the Band Backers will include the Meal Plan fee.
- The next payment of $634 for the Disney Trip is due Wednesday, September 20. If you have questions about trip payments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next Band Backers Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20th at 6 pm. The main topic of discussion for that meeting will be Music of the Knight.
- Next drop-off date for Bear Gram orders is Wednesday, September 13th before the 6 pm practice. Deadline for MOTK Bear Grams is September 23rd and orders will be distributed to members after Music of the Knight. Bear Grams can be paid with cash or check payable to Southington Band Backers Contact email@example.com with questions or concerns. Bear Grams for Seniors are free (an order form is still required for Seniors, but a check is not. Please make sure you get your seniors their Bear Grams!) Please see the Bear Gram attachment if you’d like to order one.
- Save the Date for a very special fundraiser on October 19th from 5-8 pm at Chik-fil-A. More info to come soon.
- Trunk and/or Treat – After a successful time last year, it has been requested that we do this again. Mark your calendars, Oct 30th, all parents will arrive at the school with trunks decorated to hand out candy to the kids, and any adults that decided to partake. More communication will be coming on this, but please make sure you mark your calendars.
Calendar of Events
To anyone wanting a direct link to the calendar that we post on the website, please use this link to import the calendar into your devices.
Thanks to the volunteers who recently signed up to help with events such as Championship Tailgating and MOTK Concessions. We appreciate your time and commitment. We understand that life is busy and acknowledge that many people don’t have unlimited time to help out. Why not consider helping for one event, like helping to load and unload instruments for a competition? Serve the band members dinner before a football game?
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
Pies and Butter Braid Fundraisers
Both fundraisers kicked off on 8/25/23. You can register online to sell both fundraisers. Orders from the Pie fundraiser will be delivered on 11/18/23, in time for Thanksgiving. Orders from the Butter Braid fundraiser will be delivered 12/16/23. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Please make sure that you are pushing the shipped items for remote people. This is why we are online now. Don’t let those distant relatives feel left out.
For MOTK, a large portion of the food we serve is donated or discounted by local businesses. We also rely on individual/family donations for drinks, snacks and other goods. All of our donations help make this event a success! Partial or full donations are greatly appreciated. Look for MOTK Concessions under Sign-Ups at southingtonbkmb.com. Many thanks from Jen Stroop, the MOTK Concessions Chairperson.
One thing that came out of the meeting last week was that there will only be a quad room offered. There were some conversations about single, double or triple occupancy, Sara stated that there will only be a quad room available.
Logistical questions can be sent to Sara or Harry.
Online Payments for Dues/Disney Trip/Anything Else
There was a comment made at the meeting last week about payments not being clear when making a payment. Anything that a parent would like to pay for online, they can use the make payment button on the Payments page. There is a default amount of $325 as that is the dues amount. Please feel free to update that to whatever you’d like to submit a payment for. There is a convenience fee for all payments that are made online. This is the same fee that is charged if you pay in person with a credit/debit card.
As voted upon last year, Underclassman Dues are due Oct 31st. This is new this year, so I wanted to make sure everyone is aware. Moving these dates up means collection times are limited. Payments are always able to me made online, or you can grab a treasurer to hand them your payment.
*** I understand with the Disney trip, there is a LOT of money being handed over this year. Please reach out to me if you have any payment issues, or need to discuss a hardship and we will work with you. ***
Thank you for your support of BKMB
BKMB Band Backers President
BKMB Band Backers Correspondence Secretary
Click here to join the Band Backers Remind:
Or text @bkmbb to the number 81010